[FoRK] Re: oscon or baby? (FoRK related)

Tom Higgins tomhiggins
Mon Jul 25 20:33:13 PDT 2005

Heya Kent and fork in general..Long time no fork so this is going to
be a combined  drive by body piercing............

Baby Isaac is due for Aug 3rd, so Oscon is out. If your in town
already though and are not doing anything this Wednesday, come on over
to the PTP Monthly meeting [1]. This will be one of my few public
appearances.  Ya see my wife and I are nuts, so on top of having a
baby we just closed on a new house[2] and are moving in the middle of
all the regular fun of pooping out kids. If you want to haul boxes
around the soon to be former Node 236  then by all means give me a
call:)-  Why move when having a kid? The real estate market here is
nuts particularly in the area where our current house is. Also our
current house, while being a huge craftsman that gets press for being
a PTP node, is just too damn big for the wife and I to manage. So the
mantra is, smaller house, smaller mrtg paymt, less clutter...wheeee.

The economics of the market plus day care plus travel plus assorted
and sundry other factors have also shifted my Biz plans to be an army
of Dad, yes tomwhore is going to be that cross between Socrates, Mr
Rodgers, Pewee Herman and Mick Foley ..aka Stay At Home Dad. Not that
Ill be staying at home with the kids that much, least not after I can
get Isaac in the backpack. Ben will be home 2 days a week, hes hit a
groove having been at the same day care for 3 years so I'm not going
to break his rhythm overly.

Wheeeeeeeeee. Anyway, those in town drop a line and Ill see if a fork
bofingpowow can be had.

-tomhiggins

[1] Urban Grind Coffee 2214 NE Oregon St. (take 22nd Ave. 2 blocks
North of Sandy Blvd.)Wednesday, July 27th, 6pm-9pm

[2] http://www.portlandmaps.com/detail.cfm?x=7639606.212&y=702299.822