[FoRK] What's that sound???

Stephen D. Williams sdw
Thu Jul 28 02:43:36 PDT 2005

The young can always use inflation to devalue the old's equity, both in
real estate and for social security.  Halve the value of everything a
few times, which means increasing salaries to compensate, and oila, $1
million isn't what it used to be.  I have to think that all of those 80
year olds getting peanuts based on 1930's pay rates must realize that
something's up.  Even if SS has been adjusted, their savings would have
a similar problem.

sdw