[FoRK] Re: Life at 1 degree north

Steve Nordquist signa
Thu Jul 28 22:15:37 PDT 2005

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 15:56:05 +0800, Ken Meltsner <meltsner at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry about the self-reply, but I got smart and googled for more info.
>  This is the dry season!

> +25 F/-4 C Boston's water freezes
> Californians weep pitifully
> Cats insist on sleeping on your bed
> -297 F/-183 C Oxygen precipitates from the atmosphere
> Microbial life survives only on dairy products
"Oi, we send him through Proteomics School and this is what he learns?"

> -445 F/-265 C Superconductivity
That's the temperature at which superconductive wiring is free from
UC Regents' Licensing.

> -452 F/-269 C Helium liquefies
>

> -454 F/-270 C Hell freezes over
(Again, as a license-free phenomenon.)

> -456 F/-271 C Illinois drivers drop below 85 mph on I-90
>

> -460 F/-273 C All atomic motion ceases
(Not!  But you can see its' gears turning.)
> Wisconsinites allow that it's getting a mite nippy

You left out: What should Wisconsinites put over their perms
when going out in Singaport at night?