[FoRK] Re: Signing up for alerts from the "opposition"

Stephen D. Williams sdw
Tue Aug 9 16:48:58 PDT 2005

Should students be exposed to fantasy, myth, and wishful thinking [1] or
should they learn the scientific principle and become rational, critical
thinkers?

[1] Optionally insert: "presented as erroneously as fact, handicapping
them for life"

Choose curriculum for your child:
[0] Stone Age
[1] Dark Ages
[2] Enlightenment
[3] Modern thought
[4] PostModern

or:
Should students be exposed to different ideas, or should they be
shielded from information about religions that are far more popular,
populous, and "successful" than what they learned at home?

sdw