[FoRK] Anything to be learned from religion?

Sat N sateesh.narahari
Wed Aug 10 15:07:55 PDT 2005

Religion beats science in marketing. Religion invented viral marketing,
religion invented peer to peer communication. Religion invented customer
reward program ( well, the rewards don't actually cost the religion
anything, but customers believe they are getting rewarded). Religion is more
powerful than MLM.

More importantly, religion has mastered the art of turning around every bug
in their software as an user error. ('Oh, what you wanted didn't happen?.
Did you do the pooja correctly, did you use the right priest etc etc etc).

All this is done with a vaporware.