[FoRK] Anything to be learned from religion?

Strata R. Chalup strata
Wed Aug 10 15:42:38 PDT 2005

I thought the flower got her petals as the moral equivalent of hanging up the
drinking pennant on a sailboat:  "Good stuff! Right here!  Just lean on in past
all these POLLEN ANTHERS (don't mind the dust, please) and fill 'er up!"

Photosynthesis is what happens in the leaves, not the petals.  And then there's
all the coolness of UV flower photos, since bees can see in the UV and we can't.
  Lots of nifty patterns on flowers that look very similar to us-- flower
doesn't care if WE can see the difference, we are not the pollinators.

SRC