[FoRK] Re: Re: Anything to be learned from religion?

Aidan Kehoe kehoea
Thu Aug 11 12:27:00 PDT 2005

 Ar an t-aon? l? d?ag de m? L?nasa, scr?obh Corinna:

 > [...] Personally, from my limited experience and study, I think most
 > people who are Christian derive aesthetic and social rewards from it.
 > Once the logic of Christianity was broken for me, I personally decided
 > that it would violate my integrity to claim I believe in a religion when
 > its only true value was social and aesthetic. What about truth? Nobody
 > seems to care about truth anymore, even Christians....

Popperian science doesn?t care about truth, either. Which is fine.

Maths is truth. Everything else is only the best model we have for the
phenomenon at the moment.

--
Russian has no phoneme that's close to Germanic /h/. As a result, for a
not-insignificant number of people, the Second World War involved the Soviet