[FoRK] Re: Anything to be learned from religion?

Stephen D. Williams sdw
Thu Aug 11 22:29:06 PDT 2005

I think your argument is deep into semantic absolutism.  If math and
science isn't "truth", what would be an example of "truth"?

A model could be said to be true if it is consistent with reality to the
level of precision claimed and expected (and that precision is something
less than "have faith and ignore reality").  Science as a whole can
never be completely "true", but in detail it is always approaching the
limit of truth.  This model seems more true than any other.

sdw