[FoRK] on fear

Stephen D. Williams sdw
Sat Aug 13 18:07:44 PDT 2005

I grew up 1/2 in a sparse area and 1/2 in a city of about 110K.  At 5, I
walked several miles downtown in the city to look around, go to the main
library, and have a coke by myself at the Big Boy that my family often
went to.  My 15, living in the sparse area, I had visited, by foot or
bicycle, nearly every square block of civilization and highway within a
20 mile radius.  With access to a subway, the possibilities are endlass.

You just have to teach children to take care of themselves as early and
as broadly as possible.

sdw