[FoRK] Nation building is hard work

Lucas Gonze lgonze
Sat Aug 13 20:56:59 PDT 2005

Russell Turpin wrote:

> http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/08/13/AR2005081300853.html

Pick quote: "Administration is shedding 'Unreality'"

...with echoes of 'reality-based community':
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reality-based_community:
The aide said that guys like me were "in what we call the reality-based
community," which he defined as people who "believe that solutions
emerge from your judicious study of discernible reality." ... "That's
not the way the world really works anymore," he continued. "We're an
empire now, and when we act, we create our own reality. And while you're
studying that reality?judiciously, as you will?we'll act again, creating
other new realities, which you can study too, and that's how things will
sort out. We're history's actors . . . and you, all of you, will be left
to just study what we do."

It appears that we did not create our own reality in Iraq after all.
Who'd'a thunk it?