[FoRK] Re: Re: Re: Anything to be learned from religion?

Corinna schultz
Mon Aug 15 06:48:20 PDT 2005

Exactly. I still don't understand what is so wrong with the answer "it just
is".  Maybe we'll undrstand it all sooner or later... that's what science is
for. In the meantime, it just is. Find a set of coherent, consistent,
principles and live by them.

Maybe it's just me... <shake head>

... And I married a philosopher. An existentialist, too...  :)

-Corinna

"Eugen Leitl" <eugen at leitl.org> wrote in message
news:20050813200335.GM11706 at leitl.org...
On Thu, Aug 11, 2005 at 04:24:06PM -0400, Jeffrey Winter wrote:

> Yes, and as long as there is no answer to the question: "Why is there
> something instead of nothing?", people will find room for God.

Remove the anthromorphism implicit in the question, and it unasks itself.