[FoRK] Re: Re: Re: Anything to be learned from religion?

Jeffrey Winter JeffreyWinter
Mon Aug 15 07:02:13 PDT 2005

>> Remove the anthromorphism implicit in the question, and it unasks
itself.

I'm not sure I know what this even means.  Are you suggesting that the
question
goes away if there's no one to ask it?

>> Exactly. I still don't understand what is so wrong with the answer
"it just
is".

Well, for many people it's perhaps the most profound question that can
be
asked and perhaps the only one for which it may prove impossible to ever
provide an answer for (even in principle).