[FoRK] Re: Mathematics vs Religion

Corinna schultz
Mon Aug 15 09:17:02 PDT 2005

>Can you do Law without serious discussions of Justice
>and Morality? Aren't Justice and Morality the
>exclusive domain of Religion?

That's where philosophy comes in.  What exactly is morality? What is
justice? Why is my morality different from yours? Does that make it justice
if I now kill you?  :)

Those are philosophical questions.

I submit that Religion is simply one branch of answers to these (and may
other) questions. Religion usually has metaphysical overtones/assumptions
/axioms which are not ever really eximined. This lack of examination and
rigor, make religion something of a step-child to true philosophy.

-Corinna