[FoRK] reddit: from Paul Graham's summer camp

Luis Villa luis.villa
Mon Aug 15 18:59:12 PDT 2005

On 8/15/05, Owen Byrne <owen at permafrost.net> wrote:
> Bring on the clones. I posted this here back in November:
> http://digg.com
> "*What's Digg?* Digg is a technology news website that combines social
> bookmarking, blogging, RSS, and non-hierarchical editorial control. With
> digg, users submit stories for review, but rather than allowing an
> editor to decide which stories go on the homepage, the users do."

Wow, users decide what stories go on the homepage! Stunningly
original! I'm shocked kuro5hin didn't think of that in... uh... early
2000!

Luis (really convinced there are very few things new under the sun)