[FoRK] what IT shortage?

Robert Harley robert.harley
Tue Aug 16 13:39:41 PDT 2005

Beberg-san speweth the usual
>Where indeed. You're here, the jobs are in places where $200/month is
>alot of money. Anyone paying more then that for IT hasn't been paying
>attention for the last 5 years.

If your competition is a data-entry monkey somewhere in the middle of
darkest Asia, then would I be justified in assuming that you have no
skills of note whatsoever?  Where I work (in the middle of darkest
Europe), clueful IT people make several times that per day, nevermind
those with skills in multiple complementary domains (other than
sociology :).  Then again it does take gung-ho can-do attitude to land
a reasonable position.  Ob sequitur: what's the integral of
sqrt(tan(x)) dx?