[FoRK] Katrina

B.K. DeLong bkdelong
Mon Aug 29 08:40:17 PDT 2005

At 06:48 PM 8/28/2005, Robert Harley wrote:
>Is it my imagination or on Friday were people saying that the spike in
>oil prices on fears of Katrina hurting production in the Gulf of
>Mexico were unwarranted because it was only category 2, going on for
>3, but would weaken at landfall around the Florida panhandle?
>Now it's a whopper and Exxon, Chevron, BP, Royal Dutch etc are
>evacuating rigs as fast as they can.  Hope the bayous are still there
>when it's passed.

Does anyone have any maps with GPS location of the rigs? Would be
interesting to watch the radar path go over them.

Also, I've mapped locations of Weather Channel forecasters in the
field down to 40-100ft in Google Earth. It's nifty to see the camera
shots as they show what's going on and "fly to" the scene.

http://bbs.keyhole.com/ubb/showthreaded.php/Cat/0/Number/87977/page/0

--
B.K. DeLong
bkdelong at pobox.com
+1.617.797.2472

http://bkdelong.mit.edu                       Work.
http://www.brain-stream.com               Play.
http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org        Potter.
http://www.city-of-doors.com               Sigil.
http://www.hackerfoundation.org          Future.
http://www.osvdb.org/                         Security.
http://www.wkdelong.org           Son.

PGP Fingerprint:
38D4 D4D4 5819 8667 DFD5  A62D AF61 15FF 297D 67FE

FOAF:
http://foaf.brain-stream.org