[FoRK] Google Talk

Strata R. Chalup strata
Mon Aug 29 19:36:59 PDT 2005

This sounds like a really good idea.  My W.A.G. would be that the real accuracy
of the speech recognition is more like 25 - 40%, which wouldn't be very useful.
   In controlled conditions, eg at a cubicle desk, the folks leaving messages
might be as much as 80 - 90% intelligible.  But in my experience, even when I
call my cellphone voicemail on a landline for the clearest listening, I have
trouble making out calls that were sent from cars, planes, and other important
but noisy places.  Which unfortunately seems to be the majority of my voicemail
traffic!

SRC