[FoRK] Whose the 3rd world country now biatch...

Adam L Beberg beberg
Tue Aug 30 14:38:13 PDT 2005

Most of this is him being helpful, its the last line of the story that
really tells where America stands. Wasn't it us that used to discount
things and give free healthcare to the poor?

Even before the hurricane, many many millions of americans were being
forced into extreme poverty by gas prices. Remember that the poor cannot
afford to live where the jobs are, the janitors that clean this building
live 50 miles away (illegally commuting from Mexico of course). 12.7% of
Americans now in poverty.

Like all things, this too shall end in the poor rising up and killing
anyone with a brain, measured by income.

Venezuela offers fuel, food to hurricane-hit US
Mon Aug 29, 7:56 PM ET

Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez offered to send food and fuel to the
United States after the powerful Hurricane Katrina pummeled the US
south, ravaging US crude production.

The leftist leader, a frequent critic of the United States and a target
himself of US disapproval, said Venezuela could send aid workers with
drinking water, food and fuel to US communities hit by the hurricane.

"We place at the disposition of the people of the United States in the
event of shortages -- we have drinking water, food, we can provide
fuel," Chavez told reporters.

Chavez said fuel could be sent to the United States via a Citgo refinery
that has not been affected by the hurricane. Citgo is owned by
Venezuela's state-owned oil company, Petroleos de Venezuela (PDVSA).

In the Gulf of Mexico, which accounts for a quarter of total US oil
output, 92 percent of crude and 83 percent of natural gas production
were shut down due to Hurricane Katrina, which slammed Louisiana and
Mississippi, according to US government data.

Venezuela is the fourth-largest provider of oil to the United States,
supplying some 1.5 million barrels a day.

Last week, Chavez offered discount gasoline to poor Americans suffering
from high oil prices and on Sunday offered free eye surgery for
Americans without access to health care.

--
Adam L. Beberg
http://www.mithral.com/~beberg/