[FoRK] In the face of record profits and disaster

Adam L Beberg beberg
Wed Aug 31 15:47:29 PDT 2005

Lorin Rivers wrote on 8/31/2005 3:21 PM:
> I'm sure the oil companies will listen when Our President DEMANDS they
> not profiteer and jack gas prices up.
>
> Oh wait, I must be thinking of the president *I* voted for...

Are you kidding? Do you realize how much MONEY will be made rebuilding
all this stuff? Stocks went nuts today, in the up direction, as tens of
billions of dollars will be sucked out of taxpayers pockets and put into
the companies that rebuild stuff. Not to mention all the consumer goods
that are now destroyed or looted, 65" TVs, iPods, toasters, matresses,
tables, even silverware.

GPD growth for the 4th quarter will be great. If anything, this
"disaster" has saved the economy. The economy lives to take out
interest-only loans for one more day/week/quarter.

--
Adam L. Beberg
http://www.mithral.com/~beberg/