[FoRK] In the face of record profits and disaster

Adam L Beberg beberg
Wed Aug 31 23:50:58 PDT 2005

James Tauber wrote on 8/31/2005 10:34 PM:
> Bzzt. Thank you for playing.
>
> Go read Bastiat[1]. Spending after disasters doesn't help the economy as
> a whole - there's this pesky little thing called opportunity cost. While
> certain industries may be advantaged, this will be offset by other
> industries that will be (in some cases, much) worse off.

Bzzt on you. That's not the way we COUNT it though. We count it by
counting corporate profits, not by looking at depleted savings.

Havent you learned anything from Enron'omics? Hail Bush.

--
Adam L. Beberg
http://www.mithral.com/~beberg/