[FoRK] Re: Re: Katrina - National Guard??

Sebastian Hassinger shassinger
Thu Sep 1 06:35:36 PDT 2005

Yeah, I know what you mean Corinna - lots and lots of opportunities
for mayhem on a shoestring budget. Are the terrorists really that
stupid/unmotivated? Or is their goal merely to provoke through induced
paranoia the darker impulses in their enemies - the impulses to cede
control of an open society to an plutocratic junta which treats all
its citizens as criminals, and takes up arms against enemies, real
and/or imagined around the globe, thereby turning both the outside
world and its own citizens against it, and attracting implicit and
explicit support to the terrorists' cause out of sympathy and dislike
for the now overtly ill-mannered and belligerent goliath.

Hmm...