[FoRK] High Gas Prices and ANWR

Stephen D. Williams sdw
Thu Sep 1 12:47:19 PDT 2005

If we have 20 billion barrels of oil sitting around, we should live on
that for a while and use some of the funds to protect / enhance the
wildlife refuges.  0.5% of the land is managable.

We're currently allowing whole mountains to be raized in West Virginia
for coal.  Surely oil can be done better than that.

sdw