[FoRK] New Orleans is Sinking

snitsnat snitilicious
Thu Sep 1 14:08:10 PDT 2005

At 04:55 PM 9/1/2005, Luis Villa wrote:

> > >We the people sure are lazy. How do the public schools rate in NO? Will I
> > >be surprised when I find out? Should I really expect them to help
> > >themselves? *sigh*
> >
> > I'm confused. How can they walk when the streets are flooded?
>
>shhhh. Beberg has never been to a beach, so he doesn't know how much
>harder that is. Don't spoil the surprise!
>
>Luis

guh. It's especially hard if you don't know how to swim! Plenty of people
know how to do a little splashing around and paddling, but to actually swim
a mile or two... people, especially anyone I ever knew who grew up in the
city, just don't know how to swim.

And, man, would _you_ want to swim in that toxic soup? With the alligators
and lord knows what other critters?!

Not to mention battling whatever happens to actually be in the uncharted
waters: trees, lampposts, telephone poles, tangled electrical wires,
vehicles. I guess you'd stay in the middle of the "road" as you swam.

One native Louisianan reminded us that it must be awfully fun battling the
red ants on whatever dry ground is left. Im agine sitting on a roof in the
heat with red ants nipping at you? If you aren't allergic to them and die,
owie!

"Finish your beer. There are sober kids in India."

                        -- rwmartin