[FoRK] Wired (& JBone) on Just1Key

B.K. DeLong bkdelong
Thu Sep 1 14:42:17 PDT 2005

At 05:33 PM 9/1/2005, Lucas Gonze wrote:
>I use passwordsafe.  I like it a lot -- can't imagine how I lived
>without it.  (See http://passwordsafe.sourceforge.net/)
>
>The one problem I have with it is backing up my password database --
>I can't decide if I should have enough confidence in the security of
>it to keep a backup in a relatively public location like my personal
>ISP account, which is private but not *that* private.  I believe
>that the security of your password file rests on a sha1 hash of your
>password.
>Is that good enough?  Anybody have advice on that?

Yeah...I agree. Very good stuff. I'm tempted to print out a paper
copy every so often and stick it in the family safe.

--
B.K. DeLong
bkdelong at pobox.com
+1.617.797.2472

http://bkdelong.mit.edu                       Work.
http://www.brain-stream.com               Play.
http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org        Potter.
http://www.city-of-doors.com               Sigil.
http://www.hackerfoundation.org          Future.
http://www.osvdb.org/                         Security.
http://www.wkdelong.org           Son.

PGP Fingerprint:
38D4 D4D4 5819 8667 DFD5  A62D AF61 15FF 297D 67FE

FOAF:
http://foaf.brain-stream.org