[FoRK] New Orleans is Sinking

Eugen Leitl eugen
Fri Sep 2 00:10:52 PDT 2005

On Thu, Sep 01, 2005 at 05:17:56PM -0500, Lorin Rivers wrote:

> Where do they go? Which direction do they go in?

What, you have no compass at home? You have no map? You don't
know where the sun rises? Don't have a watch? You're not a NO
native, who knows how his city is like, without having a map?

> Step outside and check what the farthest distance you can see
> unobstructed without a device or tower or something?

What kind of retarded question is that?

> Ever hiked in soaking-wet clothes?

Yes. It was pretty fucking cold, too.

> What's the longest time you've carried a small child?

I explicitly excluded disabled and those with relatives.
(If I had a small child or disabled person, and knew my house
is below sea level I would live elsewhere in the first place,
and sure as hell evacuate at the drop of a hat).

> Jeez.

Jeez indeed. If the shit ever truly hits it, you people are doomed.