[FoRK] New Orleans is Sinking

Eugen Leitl eugen
Fri Sep 2 01:55:57 PDT 2005

On Fri, Sep 02, 2005 at 12:22:08AM -0700, Joe Barrera wrote:

> You know, a little bit of empathy wouldn't kill you. I think.
> (Yes, it would kill Adam, but that would be no loss.)

I can empathize plenty (sent money after the tsunami), but I'm not a hypocrite.
What is getting my panties in a bunch is that one of the richest
country on Earth is hit with something what other, poorer places suffer about
monthly, and it gets completely overreported, and disintegrates
in a pissing and moaning match. Just Because It's Americans that
are hurtin'. Cry me a river.