[FoRK] New Orleans is Sinking

Regina Schuman rschuman
Fri Sep 2 07:02:56 PDT 2005

your highly evolved lack of compassion dooms us.

Eugen Leitl wrote on 9/2/2005 12:10 AM:
> Jeez indeed. If the shit ever truly hits it, you people are doomed.

We're seeing the endgame result of removing ALL evolutionary pressure.

Completely helpless bags of mostly water. It's very very sad. Zero
common sense, and almost zero surviveability without electricity.

When people are in serious situations beyond their control, I feel
sorry
for them. All those that died (most likely thousands) because the
military response (we've all heard how much help the local police were

not) was so damn slow due to them all being in Iraq. All the people
that
will freeze to death this winter due to price gouging on natural gas
and
heating oil. The taxpayers that will pay the bill for all those people

living below sealevel.

I don't feel sorry for the people that can walk, but are still in that

hellhole 5+ days later.

Clearly speciation is in progress again, modern humans vs Neanderthals,

round 2. My money is on the dumb ones, due to sheer numbers.

--
Adam L. Beberg
http://www.mithral.com/~beberg/