[FoRK] [eugen@leitl.org: [Pigdog] [GJR@SSRLAW.COM: RE: [ccm-l] Re: (Med-Events] Bush is to blame]]

Eugen Leitl eugen
Fri Sep 2 08:55:40 PDT 2005

Skip right to http://hunter.dailykos.com
More good stuff to be had there.

----- Forwarded message from Gil Ross <GJR at SSRLAW.COM> -----

From: Gil Ross <GJR at SSRLAW.COM>
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 10:22:31 -0500
To: "'A site for social,  economic and political comments by members of the health professions'" <med-events at ccm-l.org>,
	'Farhad N Kapadia' <fnkapadia at gmail.com>
Subject: RE: [ccm-l] Re: (Med-Events] Bush is to blame

?
> Oh, like your elections are so clean in India - people in glass
houses... > - what do you really know about US politics, anyway?...

Wheeeewwwwwwwww!

Lou,

Even die-hard Clinton supporters had to admit he was getting
his dick sucked, he lied, and it was indefensible.
Maybe there's a lesson there....

For what it's worth:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Subject: Boy George

by Hunter

http://hunter.dailykos.com

Thu Sep 1st, 2005 at 11:28:22 CST

George W. Bush was once known as the C.E.O. President, a term his
handlers eagerly coined in order to convey that the country would
from now on be run like a business. That quickly evolved into the
less flattering /Enron President/... then the War President... now
it's looking like we can all finally settle on one. George W. Bush:
the Disaster President.

"I don't think anybody anticipated the breach of the levees."

He honestly said that. If that brings up more than a passing twinge of
familiarity, being a more than remarkable restatement of Condi Rice's
now-famous assertion to the Senate panel -- then I suppose we shouldn't
be surprised.

But it does bring up something that we joke about often, but apparently
have never taken quite seriously enough:
our President is an idiot.

I don't mean an average, run-of-the-mill idiot. I mean an idiot who
apparently, for the entire duration of his presidency, literally was
paying absolutely no attention to even the most life-threateningly
critical tasks of government.

The administration /specifically/ cut the funds to fix these /specific/
levees, in order to /specifically/ divert that Corps money to Iraq,
despite urgent warnings and predictions of catastrophic disaster if the
levees were breeched. The administration /specifically/ cancelled the
Clinton-backed flood control program to preserve and restore the
wetlands between New Orleans and the gulf, instead /specifically/
opening parts of that buffer zone for development.

Nobody anticipated this disaster? It was identified by FEMA as one of
the top three likeliest major disasters to strike America.
<http://www.hurricane.lsu.edu/_in_the_news/houston.htm> (That link, one
of countless stories, was from 2001, by the way.) It has been a major
disaster scenario for /years/. *Everybody* anticipated it, which makes
this single statement by George W. Bush possibly the most dishonest,
lying, craptacularly false thing he has ever said in his presidency --
even surpassing his now-infamous State of the Union Address. Truly,
this is President Bush's blue-dress moment.

And yet, funneling the money into Iraq was more important. You better
bet your crapulent, lying, one-track, drink-addled ass that's a
political issue.

He also said today:

  "I hope people don't play politics at this time of a natural
  disaster the likes of which this country has never seen."

Oh, I'm touched. Utterly touched. After 9/11, the entire Republican
Party went en masse to get Twin Towers ass tattoos. The Republican
convention was a wholesale tribute to crass exploitation, the sets
themselves designed to evoke the aftermath of the attack.

Every domestic and international policy this administration -- no,
this entire Republican government has produced has been heaved up
before the public while waving the spectre of 9/11 as the catch-all
vindication of every administration whim.

Every tax cut, every civil rights issue, every budget cut, every
budget expansion, no matter how tortured the logic must be, has
some Republican senator standing on the Senate floor and proudly
raping the corpses of that day as justification for their particular
agenda item.

Oh, we've seen politicization of disaster. Every Republican campaign
for the last four years has revolved around the politicization of
disaster.

But Lord help us, George W. Bush is going to get the vapors if
anyone asks him to explain his administration's active cuts of
he very programs designed to keep New Orleans safe.

( BTW: on a personal note, I've really been noticing DUBBya halting
"uh" laden third grade level vocabulary and his deer -in-the-
headlights visage becoming increasingly more evident in his
appearances of the past two days .. PK )

----- End forwarded message -----

----- End forwarded message -----