[FoRK] New Orleans is Sinking

Stephen D. Williams sdw
Fri Sep 2 12:14:19 PDT 2005

We Should hypothesize about what we might do in case it happens, don't
you think?  Everyone should (have).
An armchair survivalist is one who theorizes but doesn't test or train.
I'm more of a weekend survivalist, at least to a minor extent.

Speaking of empathy, have you registered your home as receptive to a
displaced family?  Sent money?  Mapped out whether you could spend this
long weekend going down to help?

How about this: blanket the city with 3/4 filled water bottles (so they
will float) and MREs / rafts+paddles / iodine tablets / etc. attached to
parachutes or at least floatation units of some kind.  The US has
dropped leaflettes and MREs on foreign countries recently, what's the
problem with doing it in our backyard?

sdw