[FoRK] Global Strategic Aid Bombing

Stephen D. Williams sdw
Fri Sep 2 19:09:21 PDT 2005

We can send off a bomber from Oklahoma, B2 I think, refuel it a couple
times en route, have it bomb the Middle East, or probably anywhere else
on earth practically, and the pilots are back home by dinner.  Why is it
that we can't air drop a few 10's of thousands of pounds of water, MREs,
and other survival gear 800 miles away?

Self contained solar or manual powered water filtration / desalination
kits would be ideal.  The units should be selfcontained, floating, solar
powered with a starter battery that just float and make a lot of fresh
water.