[FoRK] Disaster Capitalism

Tracie K Meyer con10gent_sentience
Sat Sep 3 15:23:54 PDT 2005

Fri, 02 Sep 2005 22:15:40 -0400
From: "Stephen D. Williams" <sdw at lig.net> wrote:
Subject: Disaster Capitalism

with the new orleans mayor screaming expletives over radio broadcasts
desperate for help to save his dying people; bush, doing practically
nothing to aid the near death victims of hurricane katrina; refuses not
only the publised blocking of aid offered by canada, but much of the
entirety of the world:

[...]"two dozen nations have offered aid:
Offers have been received from Russia, Japan, Canada, France, Honduras,
Germany, Venezuela, Jamaica, Australia, the United Kingdom, the
Netherlands, Switzerland, Greece, Hungary, Colombia, the Dominican
Republic, El Salvador, Mexico, China, South Korea, Israel, the United
Arab Emirates, NATO and the Organization of American States."[...]
[...]
"bush says this country can take care of itself:...As the richest nation
in the world, should we expect or accept aid from foreign governments in
our time of crisis?"
http://blogs.chron.com/sciguy/archives/2005/09/is_internationa.html

WHY NOT?
with the mea$ly efforts of the federal govt actually contributing to the
horrifying nightmare unfolding in new orleans while ignoring outlying
areas; bush` war chest funds  and petrol dreams hierarchially too
important to be superceded by an astronomical disaster within our own
borders....

-tkm