[FoRK] Ever heard of the IASA (Int'l Ass'n of Sw Architects)?

Ken Meltsner meltsner
Mon Sep 12 14:57:01 PDT 2005

Sounds like yet another in a long series of software architecture
professional groups.  Haven't seen a lot of impact from any of them,
to be honest.

The Open Group recently entered into this biz, although they're
concentrating on certification and accreditation of existing programs:

http://theopengroup.org/architecture/

http://www.certmag.com/articles/templates/cmag_nl_extra_content.asp?articleid=1306&zoneid=37

If anyone is interested, I can discuss my company's (Computer
Associates) approach to creating architectures and specs for our
services engagements.  I'm one of the instructors as well as one of
the originators.  Probably best off-list to avoid boring most readers
to death.

Ken Meltsner