[FoRK] [GJR@SSRLAW.COM: (Med-Events] Fascinating...Speculators Rushing In as the Water Recedes]

Adam L Beberg beberg
Fri Sep 16 13:18:48 PDT 2005

Eugen Leitl wrote on 9/15/2005 12:46 PM:
> *  Would-be home buyers are betting New Orleans will be a boomtown. And
> many of the city's poorest residents could end up being forced out.

The water forced them out already. No local/state/fedral government in
their right mind would let them back in again given a choice. That's
just the way reality works. Rich people pay more taxes, which means more
money for the officials to divert to their own pockets.

The south side of Chicago went through this in the last decade. Poor
people out, condos in.

The real issue here is, how do we get force mexico to take one lazy
American on welfare for every hard working Mexican we let in?

--
Adam L. Beberg
http://www.mithral.com/~beberg/