[FoRK] Re: Re: master's thesis or master's project

Corinna schultz
Mon Sep 19 07:19:59 PDT 2005

"Win Treese" <treese at acm.org> wrote in message
news:20050919140942.D55E02DEB3 at snoopy.treese.org...

> In my experience, from an industry point of view, a master's thesis is
> an interesting thing to talk about during an interview. It's not
> terribly relevant unless it's spot on to the work being done at the
> company, and that's less likely after your first job afterwards.
>
> A thesis lets you dig into one topic more deeply. If that appeals to
> you, go for it.

That's kind of what I thought...  I guess I'll think about what kind of
project to do. There are so many terribly interesting topics out there...
:)  That's always been my problem. It's really hard to settle down and
concentrate on one thing at a time. I need to, though, if I'm ever going to
be truly competent at something!

[This thread is like Dr. Laura -- I just wanted you all to tell me what I
already knew I should do anyways!]

-Corinna