[FoRK] Congress critters out of control

Damien Morton fork
Wed Sep 21 11:29:24 PDT 2005

Adam L Beberg wrote:
> These guys are so corrupt and out of touch with reality it's just
> amazing. We need to get rid of every last one of them, assuming it's not
> already too late. Sadly, getting rid of a congress critter once they
> have infected the host is almost impossible. Is there any hope left for
> America not ending in bankruptcy?

Yes, there is hope.

Heres what you have to do:

1. Introduce mandatory voting for all adults (with, say a $200 fine for
encouragement)
2. Introduce a federally mandated algorithm for drawing congressional
districts (any algorithm will do)
3. Elect your congressmen from regions, with say 5 congressmen
representing each region. No more winner takes all, no more tweedle-dum
and tweedle-dee.
4. Create a governement body to supply simple effective open source
(software and hardware) electronic balloting machines for use by all
levels of governement.

These 4 simple steps will create a democracy where now you barely have a
quorum.