[FoRK] coining

Zee Roe zero
Thu Sep 22 09:57:59 PDT 2005

Old but peripherally relevant:

Once upon a time an engineer was walking to lunch when he heard a voice
from the corporate lilypond in the atrium. "Psst!" said the voice, and
when the engineer looked over, he saw that the voice was coming from one
of the frogs.

"Hello there," said the frog, "I'm a princess trapped by an evil spell,
and if you kiss me I'll turn back to my normal self."

The engineer grinned, picked up the frog, and put it into his pocket.

"I would be very grateful if you turned me back," said the frog, "When I'm
a beautiful princess again, I'll give you a big hug and a kiss."

The engineer grinned and kept walking.

"If you turn me back," offered the frog, increasingly desperate, "I'll go
out on a date with you and we can have a great night together."

The engineer grinned, shook his head, and kept walking.

"Please turn me back," begged the frog, "I'll marry you and you can have
half of the kingdom."

The engineer just grinned.

The frog had finally lost its patience. "What's wrong with you? You don't
want a beautiful princess for a wife, and half of a fairytale kingdom?"

The engineer shook his head, "I'm an engineer. I don't have time for a
girlfriend, but a talking frog is cool."