[FoRK] Rebuilding New Orl^H^H^HVenice (Out of Office)

Regina Schuman rschuman
Thu Sep 22 12:28:43 PDT 2005

I'll be out of the office Thursday (September 22) at 3:00 pm and
returning Monday, September 26.   If you need immediate assistance,
please call Renie Levin at 394-5720 or e-mail her at rlevin at jfcsjax.org.

Thanks,
Geege Schuman

>>> fork 09/22/05 15:26 >>>

In all this talk of rebuilding New Orleans; why am I the only one who
seems to believe that they should accept all the water and rename the
city to 'New Venice'?

Decades of (mis)engineering the flow of the mighty Mississippi, allowing

the barrier islands to all but disappear, etc. is at least partly
responsible for the current catastrophe. Why are people so intent on
setting the area up for a repeat performance?

New Venice could be both a world-class city _and_ more in harmony with
the natural realities of the region...

In disbelief,
Elias