[FoRK] Re: Bad Auto-Aways

Cleopatra Von Ludwig rockfish
Fri Sep 23 06:52:45 PDT 2005

I can't understand why people don't use an email account that is separate
from your work -- one on which you would not (could not) set an auto-away
message. Like a free gmail, yahoo, or hotmail account.

See, now that's what I thought would be stating the obvious.

Of course, what really amuses me about this is that one of the annoying
things about the "auto-away" message is that it's essentially spam; with
this latest auto-away message, we've all managed to create even more "spam"
(essentially) by getting all fired up about it. I plead guilty.

-cleo