[FoRK] DO NOT MENTION THE WEATHER MACHINE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES

Gordon Mohr gojomofork
Fri Sep 23 18:11:31 PDT 2005

"Since Katrina, Stevens has been in newspapers across the country where
he was quoted in an Associated Press story as saying the Yakuza Mafia
used a Russian-made electromagnetic generator to cause Hurricane Katrina
in a bid to avenge the atomic bomb attack on Hiroshima."

http://www.journalnet.com/articles/2005/09/23/news/local/news05.txt

Via Sploid.

#
# Forecaster leaves job to pursue weather theories
#
# By Jana Peterson <mailto:jpeterson at journalnet.com> and John O'Connell -
# Journal writers
#
# Scott Stevens, former meteorologist at News Channel 6, gets blown around
# by the weather one stormy afternoon. Journal file photo
#
#
# POCATELLO - To the rest of the country, Scott Stevens is the Idaho
# weatherman who blames the Japanese Mafia for Hurricane Katrina. To folks
# in Pocatello, he's the face of the weather at KPVI News Channel 6.
#
# The Pocatello native made his final Channel 6 forecast Thursday night,
# leaving a job he's held for nine years in order to pursue his weather
# theories on a full-time basis.
#
# "I'm going to miss that broadcast, but I'm not going to miss not getting
# home until 11 p.m.," Stevens said. "I just don't have the hours of the
# day to take care of my research and getting those (broadcasts) out and
# devoting the necessary research to the station."
#
# It was Stevens' decision to leave the TV station, said KPVI general
# manager Bill Fouch.
#
# "When Scott signed his current contract, he told Brenda and me at the
# time that it would be his last contract," Fouch said Thursday. "We knew,
# but the timetable moved up because of all the attention (he's been
# getting.)"
#
# Since Katrina, Stevens has been in newspapers across the country where
# he was quoted in an Associated Press story as saying the Yakuza Mafia
# used a Russian-made electromagnetic generator to cause Hurricane Katrina
# in a bid to avenge the atomic bomb attack on Hiroshima. He was a guest
# on Coast to Coast, a late night radio show that conducts call-in
# discussions on everything from bizarre weather patterns to alien
# abductions. On Wednesday, Stevens was interviewed by Fox News firebrand
# Bill O'Reilly.
#
# Stevens said he received 30 requests to do radio interviews on Thursday
# alone.
#
# Fouch said Stevens wanted to leave as quickly as possible because his
# "plate is full," and he needs to take advantage of the opportunities
# that exist now.
#
# Stevens said he's received offers that he's not at liberty to discuss.
#
# Stevens, 39, who was born in Twin Falls, plans to remain in Pocatello,
# where his family remains. He said his family wishes him the best in his
# future endeavors.
#
# It costs him hundreds of dollars each month to run his Web site,
# weatherwars.info, but he said that's a price he's willing to pay.
#
# "There's a chess game going on in the sky," Stevens said. "It affects
# each and every one of us. It is the one common thread that binds us all
# together."
#
# Although the theories espoused by Stevens - scalar weapons, global
# dimming - are definitely on the scientific fringe today, there are
# thousands of Web sites that mention such phenomena.
#
# "The Soviets boasted of their geoengineering capabilities; these
# impressive accomplishments must be taken at face value simply because we
# are observing weather events that simply have never occurred before,
# never!" Stevens wrote on his Web site. "The evidence of these weapons at
# work found within the clouds overhead is simply unmistakable. These
# patterns and odd geometric shapes seen in our skies, each and every day,
# are clear and present evidence that our weather has been stolen from us,
# only to be used by those whose designs for humanity are rarely in
# alignment with that of the common man."
#
# However, Stevens never discussed his weather theories on the air during
# his time at Channel 6 - an agreement he had with the station management.
# What the meteorologist chose to do in his off time was his business,
# said his manager of eight years.
#
# Fouch said he would miss Stevens, whom he described as energetic,
# easy-going and enthusiastic about the weather, but he is supportive of
# his decision to pursue his passion.
#
# "His theories are his theories," Fouch said. "But, if you think about it
# - of all the TV weather people, he continues to be the most accurate. It
# isn't his theories getting involved with his professional job."
#
# For Stevens, however, the recent attention to his theories has been
# somewhat of a distraction from work.
#
# "When there has been so much attention, it gets in the way of them doing
# their jobs and me doing my job," Stevens said.
#
# *Find out more:*
#
# To learn more about Stevens and his thoughts on
# manipulated weather, check out his Web site at www.weatherwars.info, or
# go to www.journalnet.com/articles/2005/03/06/opinion/opinion04.txt to
# read the story that Journal City Editor Greg McReynolds
# <mailto:gmcreynolds at journalnet.com> wrote about Stevens in March.
#
#