[FoRK] social alienation...

Gavin Thomas Nicol gtn
Sat Sep 24 07:27:39 PDT 2005

On Sep 23, 2005, at 4:03 PM, Marty Halvorson wrote:
> I do however have difficulty relating to the less intelligent only
> when there is resistance to ideas that are contrary to their
> beliefs, and they are unable to explain why the belief exists.

This is the one thing that upsets me... but that happens with
'intelligent' people too. I often find intelligent people to be the
biggest idiots because their egos blind them.

Back to the main theme... I don't know about other people on this
list, but though I'm Caucasian, speak English etc. and I have found
*very* few people here that I can deeply relate to. There is some
divide that I can't quite put my finger on, but I see it manifest
itself in things I consider self-centred behaviour, lack of caring
(like packers at supermarkets), poorly organised schools (though our
local school system is supposed to be one of the best), lack of
tolerance, etc. etc. I found Japanese far easier to understand...