[FoRK] Google has confirmed stuff (apparently)

Adam L Beberg beberg
Mon Oct 10 10:58:44 PDT 2005

Stephen Williams wrote on 10/7/2005 7:32 AM:
> Because (these are all "apparently" true):
> A) Their stuff works, everywhere, and is just fun to use.
> B) They're making lots of money in a way painless to all of their users
> and they help others make money.
> C) They keep putting out shiny toys and technology to play with.
> D) They buy and nurture ideas, companies, and talent rather than cheat,
> bury, kill, or squander other's hard work (IBM used to do this with
> acquisitions.  Doing a deal with Microsoft is a legendarily bad thing to
> do.)
> E) They are internally innovative rather than unfairly monetizing other
> people's good ideas.

Hrm, I dunno. Email, maps, search, are old ideas. Very old. And Yahoo's
email client is now way cooler.

Which leaves us with a profoundly and pure evil ADVERTISING company that
has scary spying powers that make the CIA jealous. Yes, they jazz them
up with AJAX, but now days everyone is doing that.

And for E) unless the definition of corporation suddenly changed, that's
what corps do. Takes employees work, and feed the stockholders.

Google stock sure is cool tho, very cool, too cool for school. Where
anyone still buying obviously didn't go. We know how that story ends anyway.

--
Adam L. Beberg
http://www.mithral.com/~beberg/