[FoRK] Why AJAX?

Reza B'Far reza
Mon Oct 10 21:07:43 PDT 2005

Oopss... I meant Gavin... brain freeze reading off the top...

-----Original Message-----
From: Reza B'Far [mailto:reza at voicegenesis.com]
Sent: Monday, October 10, 2005 9:14 PM
To: Gavin Thomas Nicol; Fork at Xent.Com
Subject: RE: [FoRK] Why AJAX?

Hi Thomas:

To me, the biggest deal is this:

Goodbye complicated MVC based framework with declarative crapolla all over
them.  Hello PAC.  I always preferred PAC over MVC for separation of
concerns... but there really was no way of implementing PAC cleanly without
XMLHttpRequest.  It used to be that a user transaction meant a screen
refresh which is ugly, ugly, ugly ...

There are LOTS of reasons to use AJAX, but the top two for me are:

1)  Ability to create far richer user interfaces by hiding server-side
transactions.
2)  Ability to have truely isolated UI components without declarative crap
(XML config files, etc.) that you can put together to make new components
(more PAC like than MVC like).

Reza B'Far
Voice Genesis, Inc.