[FoRK] Why AJAX?

Reza B'Far reza
Mon Oct 10 21:41:21 PDT 2005

[Gavin]
That's why people used hidden frames (especially iframes)... useful for
debugging too because you could see the content before it was
posted.

[Reza]
True, but I think XMLHttpRequest just makes it cleaner... I actually like to
use XMLHttpRequest and IFrames, interchangeably or together, depending on
the usage... point being is that applications like data entry suck without
using one/theother/both on the web (well, unless you want an ActiveX,
Applet, etc. which is a different discussion altogether).