[FoRK] Re: Confessions of an Engineering Washout

Corinna schultz
Tue Oct 11 05:21:54 PDT 2005

It's called being in over your head...  I felt like that at Caltech, but I
was determined to graduate. After the shock of not being number one weared
off, I decided that my goal was to graduate and hopefully learn CS in the
process.  I was frustrated that I had to spend so much time on
mathemetician's math, and physicist's physics, that I didn't have the time
to really dig into my CS courses (notorious time-sinks), which is why I was
there in the first place.

Also, having social problems with my House didn't help either...

I would probably have gotten a better education at UT Austin, because I
would have been able to digest what I was learning instead of desperately
trying to keep up.  On the other hand, sometimes I wonder if it would have
been better or worse had I gone to MIT (I chose Caltech because of the
financial aid...).

-Corinna