[FoRK] Confessions of an Engineering Washout

Aaron Burt aaron
Tue Oct 11 18:03:45 PDT 2005

On Tue, Oct 11, 2005 at 12:10:49PM +0200, Eugen Leitl wrote:

> http://www.techcentralstation.com/092105B.html
>
> (((Typical attempt to shift the blame to the system
> instead of himself, and several non-sequiturs to boot.
> There are no defective teachers, only defective students))).

Agreed.  Though I suspect he'd have had a better time if he'd done his
first 2+ years at a decent Community College.  Most large, prestigious
universities in the States *do* have a habit of treating underclassmen
like crap, while the CCs offer professional instructors and reasonable
class sizes.

I've a year to go on my BSEE, and even despite holding down a job, the
GPA's still shockingly above 3.0.  Barely graduated high school in 88.

Librul arts degree comes later,
  Aaron