[FoRK] Icon of the 80s

Robert Harley robert.harley
Tue Oct 11 18:29:07 PDT 2005

OK so what were the most iconic memes/moments/whatever of the 80s for ye
all?
("Ye" is what Irish people from Tipperary say).

I vote for the closing scenes of "The Mission" and for Frankie Goes To
Hollywood's "Two Tribes" -
the latter for allusions to the Cold War turning from tragedy to farce, a
Reagan-imitation voice reciting Castro's self-defense speech,
sobering pot-shots at the nuclear overhang etc.

FWIW, whatever you think of Castro (and I don't approve, nor do I approve of
the US's embargo on Cuba, not of many things)
his "Condenadme, no importa, la historia me absolver?" is one of the greats,
not to be missed.

ObFun:
Declaration of Revocation
http://www.stephaniemiller.com/declarationofrevocation.htm