[FoRK] XaraXtreme goes open source

Andy Armstrong andy
Tue Oct 11 18:31:52 PDT 2005

I don't know if any of you have ever seen Xara; for my money it's one
of the best vector drawing programs of all time and I'm not
influenced at all by the fact that I know the guys from way back -
actually back to the BBC Micro days - so late eighties, early nineties.

Anyway, they've decided to open source the latest version, XaraXtreme
and do Mac and Linux versions; more about that here: http://
www.xaraxtreme.org/. Vector graphics fans should watch with keen
interest - it really is a superb program with a user interface that's
still - for me at least - streets ahead of Illustrator.

I don't expect you to share my excitement but it's made my week :)

--
Andy Armstrong, hexten.net