[FoRK] Should we add some ads to FoRK-archive? At 60K hits/day...

Rohit Khare khare
Wed Oct 12 11:52:58 PDT 2005

So far, I've learned one thing from the AdSense experience that
explains a lot. Of the 283 hits on the two months worth of FoRK I've
instrumented today, Google has recorded *8* page impressions.

Even putting aside that some of the 722 hits over the past two days are
me, testing the system, is a total of only 80 impressions really
supposed to suggest that 90% of the traffic to xent is from bots or
non-JavaScript-enabled/ad-blocking browsers?

Anyone else had experience with an order-of-magnitude discrepancy
between pageviews? Should I add a test web bug gif to cross-check this?

Rohit