[FoRK] Re: U.S. Anti-intellectualism (was Confessions of an EngineeringWashout)

Corinna schultz
Wed Oct 12 11:57:03 PDT 2005

"If great intellectual powerhouse is a qualification to be a member of the
court and **represent the American people** and the wishes of the American
people
and to interpret the Constitution, then I think we have a court so skewed on
the intellectual side that we may not be getting representation of
America as a
whole," Mr. Coats said in a CNN interview.
===

OK, maybe I was asleep during that part of the Social Studies lesson, but I
thought that representation had nothing to do with the Supreme Court.

Do people really believe that the Supreme Court should *represent* them and
their interests?? Sheesh...

-Corinna