[FoRK] Should we add some ads to FoRK-archive? At 60K hits/day...

kelley at inkworkswell.com kelley
Wed Oct 12 12:12:33 PDT 2005

At 02:52 PM 10/12/2005, Rohit Khare wrote:
>So far, I've learned one thing from the AdSense experience that explains a
>lot. Of the 283 hits on the two months worth of FoRK I've instrumented
>today, Google has recorded *8* page impressions.
>
>Even putting aside that some of the 722 hits over the past two days are
>me, testing the system, is a total of only 80 impressions really supposed
>to suggest that 90% of the traffic to xent is from bots or
>non-JavaScript-enabled/ad-blocking browsers?
>
>Anyone else had experience with an order-of-magnitude discrepancy between
>pageviews? Should I add a test web bug gif to cross-check this?
>
>Rohit

Where are the ads? I checked the archives, but didn't see where you'd
implemented them. From reading logs, my experience is about 30-40% are
search engine bots.

Kelley

When you need to communicate, Ink Works!
http://www.inkworkswell.com
+1 (727) 942-9255